List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: fast, dirty, but hopefully useful (clueless user report :-)
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-03-24 11:36:09

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> - if I split to 2 views, link the (e.g.) left one (master) to the right
> one, then unlink them, last mouse click pass the focus to the former
> master, but doesn't refresh the green led in the status bar. Have to pass
> focus to former slave view and back again to former master to have the led
> functional again

I guess that this is due to the fact that we don't catch FocusIn in
the partmanager anymore?

Hrmmm, I wish we could fix that... if it just wouldn't break kspread..

Hm, perhaps this was some qt bug and is fixed now in beta3?
(I'll check that)

> - in dirtree mode, tree view has |+| and |-| signs even on directories
> that don't have subdirectories. Clicking toggles +/- but doesn't do
> nothing AAMOF.

fixed

> - in dirtree mode, a linked view indicator appears. If we unlink them
> manually (permission granted but shouldn't) then change focus to previous
> tree view (left) then try to toggle off the menuitem in the View menu (the
> one that says "Directory Tree view" crashes konqueror

fixed :)

> - kimap files are mimetyped as executable .desktop files.

David, any idea how to solve this?
I mean: Should we open up each .desktop file with KConfig and look if
there's an Exec entry?
(sounds like overhead to me)

> - if, once in a dirtree mode, the slave view is passed in tree view,
> konqui crashes (not so reproductible)

Any idea how to reproduce this one? :)

> - dirtree activation deactivation seem to not go to the history. Or at
> least there's a problem when the slave view is a tree view.

Hmmm, not sure I understand this one..

Having a dirtree and a treeview and selecting directories in the dirtree
(so that the treeview shows them, too) puts those dirs in the history
buffer for me.

But I guess I misunderstood this :)

BTW, thanks for these reports! :)

Ciao,