List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: fast, dirty, but hopefully useful (clueless user report :-)
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-03-24 14:10:00

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
>
> > - if I split to 2 views, link the (e.g.) left one (master) to the right
> > one, then unlink them, last mouse click pass the focus to the former
> > master, but doesn't refresh the green led in the status bar. Have to
pass
> > focus to former slave view and back again to former master to have the
led
> > functional again
>
> I guess that this is due to the fact that we don't catch FocusIn in
> the partmanager anymore?
Looks like.

> Hrmmm, I wish we could fix that... if it just wouldn't break kspread..
I forgot about this issue. Yes, we need to look into it.
It worked great before KOffice was KPartized...

> Hm, perhaps this was some qt bug and is fixed now in beta3?
> (I'll check that)
Keep us up to date !

> > - kimap files are mimetyped as executable .desktop files.
>
> David, any idea how to solve this?
Well, they are desktop files... Just not executable, but the same problem
happens with Link and Service desktop files and some other (Well, you
can execute a link by clicking on it, but for instance it accept drops
whereas it shouldn't). And with Type=MimeType same problem with drops.

> I mean: Should we open up each .desktop file with KConfig and look if
> there's an Exec entry? (sounds like overhead to me)

For the kimap files there is an easy solution: define a mimetype
(i.e. just look for the extension).
For the non-Application desktop files, there is no other way than
opening... either manually (huh) or simply by defining them in
the magic file (requires separate mimetypes).
The problem is that we don't use KMimeMagic when we have a known
extension...
All this comes from the fact that the same extension was chosen for
all those files, even though they are quite different.
I think we have to live with that choice...

> > - if, once in a dirtree mode, the slave view is passed in tree view,
> > konqui crashes (not so reproductible)
>
> Any idea how to reproduce this one? :)
Standing on a hammoc ? (French saying, not sure it translates) :-)

> BTW, thanks for these reports! :)
Thanks a lot for the fixes, Simon !

David.