List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug fixing co-ordination.
From:       Michael Bedy <mjbedy () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-10-15 10:44:09

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, David Faure wrote:

> On Lundi 15 Octobre 2001 11:42, Michael Bedy wrote:
> >   Well, the reason I did it was a website I use was broken without it. I
> > have seen MANY websites that use it to validate field inputs before
> > sending them off to the server. As far as making it manditory, I'm not
> > sure I have an opinion there. I will read that bug and see if one
> > develops.
>
> Actually............ Martijn may be right. Can you first look at Qt3's qregexp ?
> It might have all we need, and then we can get rid of the libpcre dependency.

   Well, I can look deeper later, but one thing I notice right off is that
QRegEx does not support multi-line :-) It seems to have a couple other
differences too. On initial look, I think pcre is closer to the js spec.
But, I might be wrong about that - I would need to look in more detail.
(Which I guess I can do.)

    - Mike