On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, David Faure wrote: > On Lundi 15 Octobre 2001 11:42, Michael Bedy wrote: > > Well, the reason I did it was a website I use was broken without it. I > > have seen MANY websites that use it to validate field inputs before > > sending them off to the server. As far as making it manditory, I'm not > > sure I have an opinion there. I will read that bug and see if one > > develops. > > Actually............ Martijn may be right. Can you first look at Qt3's qregexp ? > It might have all we need, and then we can get rid of the libpcre dependency. Well, I can look deeper later, but one thing I notice right off is that QRegEx does not support multi-line :-) It seems to have a couple other differences too. On initial look, I think pcre is closer to the js spec. But, I might be wrong about that - I would need to look in more detail. (Which I guess I can do.) - Mike