List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail filtering has stopped working
From:       David Partain <david.partain () ericsson ! com>
Date:       2007-05-15 9:16:34

Hi,

Some time back, I sent the mail below without response.  Since then I've
updated my 3.5 branch SVN and compiled that puppy, but it hasn't
changed the situation.  As such, I'm hoping a re-send might trigger a
clever thought in someone's mind.  There's a tiny bit more information
as well.

Sometimes when I get new mail, the first new message gets appropriately
filtered and refiled to a local folder, but thereafter nothing happens
with the rest of the new mail.

Control-J isn't behaving very well, either.  As I state below, if a
number of messages are selected, control-j doesn't result in all of the
messages getting processed.  In fact, sometimes when I just try to
filter a single message, it'll draw a line through the text and act
like it's going to do the refile, but it never completes.  At that
point, I have to select a different folder then come back to the inbox
again.  The message I tried to process is there still and I can (most
often) then do control-j and it'll move just fine.

Can anyone suggest something I might do?  This all used to work, so I
could try to go through the last few month's patches to the 3.5 branch,
but that seems rather a large job...

I greatly enjoy using kmail and appreciate the hard work all of you do.
Would love to stamp out this annoyance! Thanks much!

Cheers,

David