List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] kmail filtering has stopped working
From:       David Partain <david.partain () ericsson ! com>
Date:       2007-04-30 7:53:47

Hi,

My apologies if this is known but I've looked through bugs and found
nothing.

My kmail is version 1.9.6 using KDE 3.5.6.  Actually, it's the current
3.5 branch from subversion which I updated and compiled last night.
So, I believe I have the latest 3.5.

I use kmail to talk to an exchange server.  I use imap to communicate
with exchange and have a bunch of filters that are supposed to check
the new mail and move various things to my local machine.

For a long time, I've had problems where the filters worked fine for a
while, but then stopped working for no apparent reason.  If I'd restart
kmail, the filtering started working again.

As of a few weeks back (sorry, I don't know exactly when), the filtering
stopped working completely.  If there's new mail on the exchange
server, no filters are executed at all.  I then have to go through the
mail manually... Even if I select a bunch of messages and do ctrl-j, it
still doesn't work.

So, something's changed.  Anybody seen similar behavior?  Something I
can do to get back my filters?

Thanks!

David