List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kpilot crash with Calendar
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Serral-Graci=E0?=" <rserral () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-15 9:17:30

Hi Adrian and all.

My comments inline.

On 5/14/07, Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Rene,
>
> Sorry we skipped over you; travel got in the way.

No problem at all. Getting an answer is what matters! That's what I
love about KDE and OSS in general! :)

> On Thursday 10 May 2007 12:43:50 René Serral-Gracià wrote:
> > I just found a crash when trying to synchronize my Tungsteng T5 with Kpilot
> > using bluetooth.
>
> Does that work at all? If so, could you *please* document what tools and bits
> and pieces you use? The KPilot website and documentation (well, the docs are
> horribly outdated in more ways than this only) do not provide much useful
> information.

Yes, in fact works way better than the craddle with the kernel
assigning different devices each time :(, but more slowly.

I followed the tutorial at: http://howto.pilot-link.org/bluesync/

If I can steal some minutes from my agenda I try to gather a small
howto. But no promises just now my work is... well... overwhelming!

Just for being coherent, which format do you use for the
documentation, docbook?. Any tool helping there? I've never used it.
Shouldn't be difficult I presume.

> > The procedure was:
> > - Normal Hotsync (worked fine)
> > - pilot-dedupe -p net:any DatebookDB AddressDB ToDoDB  (fine also)
>
> Why do you do this?

Oh!, I tend to forget to explain things properly, sorry. As it happens
since forever kpilot keeps duplicating some of my calendar and todo
entries, I presume this happens because I'm synchronising with three
different computers (always using the pilot as the hub). I've never
booked any bug report as I hadn't the time to debug it properly.

> > - On the pilot ScanDB found some incorrect entries on the Datebook which
> > were fixed (OK)
>
> I'm not familiar with this tool. What does it do?

It checks the database for incorrect entries on the pilot. I took it
from this very list. I think it was Jason who pointed the link but I
could be wrong. I got the name wrong though is dbScan :) you can find
it @ http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm

> > - I inserted a couple of entries on the handheld and some more on
> > korganizer.
> > - On Kpilot copy handheld to PC (didn't crash but the pilot entries are not
> > shown on kpilot)
>
> I think that's a normal bug :( Copy HH to PC (note that this is documented to
> erase all data on your PC and replace it by what is on the handheld, be
> careful with it) does not update the backup databases, so KPilot won't show
> any changes but you should be able to see them in the KDE apps.

Ufff, didn't know that one. That could explain some problems!.

> > - Normal Hotsync (kpilot crashed)
>
> I'll try to look at it more closely later this week. Right now i'm on a plane
> and debugging is difficult.

OK thanks a lot for your help!

Keep the good work.

René