List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kpilot: cmake, malconduit, vcalconduit, etc
From:       Philip Tuckey <philtuckey () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-02-17 0:05:21

Le Friday 16 February 2007, Philip Tuckey a écrit :
> vcalconduit is back to its old trick of copying every event and todo to
> the handheld at every sync. getNextModifiedIncidence seems to be
> identifying all the PC records as being modified. I have had a quick
> look but can't quite see why. Will look some more...

getNextModifiedIncidence is working correctly.

Turns out there is a problem with the setting of X-PILOTSTAT: for *all*
entries in the PC vcal file if *any* of the entries in that file has to be
synced to the HH.

If all X-PILOTSTAT: in the vcal file are set to 0, then kpilot will
correctly not sync them to the HH and will not screw up the vcal file.
However if any of the X-PILOTSTAT: is set to 1, then kpilot will correctly
sync it to the HH, and then incorrectly set all X-PILOTSTAT: in the file
to 1. The next time kpilot is run, it (correctly) syncs the whole file to
the HH...

Note that after syncing an event to the HH, kpilot correctly sets
e->setSyncStatus( KCal::Incidence::SYNCNONE );
This happens at the end of
void VCalConduitBase::updateIncidenceOnPalm
in conduits/vcalconduit/vcal-conduitbase.cc.

So the problem seems to come later, presumably when it updates the vcal
file at the end of the sync. I haven't even figured out which piece of
code does that yet. Any pointers?

Thanks
Philip