List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kpilot: cmake, malconduit, vcalconduit, etc
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vr () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2007-02-17 15:28:11

On Friday 16 February 2007 16:25, Philip Tuckey wrote:
> Hi Adriaan and Jason

Hi Philip!!  =:)

> Thanks for bringing kpilot back to life in kde 3.5.6.

Sorry to let it slip for a while!!  =:/

> I am working with a recent svn download (of
> kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kpilot). The cmake stuff (make -f
> Makefile.cmake install) doesn't seem to be complete, for example it
> doesn't install kpilotui.rc. I suppose this explained some problems I
> encountered with the cmake install, though I didn't make a big effort to
> diagnose them or to check if any other files were missing.

Yeah, I know we're missing some things.  PLEASE point them out to us as you
find them!  I'll add kpilotui.rc right now to CMakeLists.txt.

By the way, we're doing our next-version development
in /branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+/kpilot, so that's where all of these changes
will go until we near 3.5.7 release.  =:)

> (I am compiling using the ubuntu edgy kde 3.5.6 dev packages. In the end to
> get around the problem of files missing from the cmake install I just
> install in /usr over the top of the ubuntu 3.5.6 kpilot package, which
> seems to work.)

Ick.  I'd rather fix the problems.  =:)

> I am a malconduit user, so that makes at least 1 of us! I was happy to see
> it is re-enabled in conduits/Makefile.am, but please note that it also
> needs to be enabled in conduits/CMakeLists.txt -
> the "add_subdirectory(malconduit)" is still commented out.

Hmmm.  If I enable it on my FC6 machine, I get this.  It looks like we need to
be looking for a specific version of libmal, otherwise we'll get compilation
errors.  Since you're the only user of the mal conduit I know of, can you
help me figure out what version we should be targetting?

[ 99%] Building CXX object
conduits/malconduit/CMakeFiles/conduit_mal.dir/mal-conduit.o
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc: In member
function ‘virtual bool MALConduit::exec()’:
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:233:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘httpProxy’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:234:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘httpProxy’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:235:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘httpProxyPort’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:236:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘httpProxyPort’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:245:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘proxyUsername’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:246:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘proxyUsername’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:249:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘proxyPassword’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:250:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘proxyPassword’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:272:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘socksProxy’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:273:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘socksProxy’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:274:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘socksProxyPort’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:275:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘socksProxyPort’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:292:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘sd’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:293:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘taskFunc’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:294:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘itemFunc’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:295: error:
invalid conversion from ‘PalmSyncInfo*’ to ‘int’
/usr/include/libmal/libmal.h:113: error: too few arguments to function ‘int
malsync(int, PalmSyncInfo*)’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:295: error: at
this point in file
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:296:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘httpProxy’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:297:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘proxyUsername’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:298:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘proxyPassword’
/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/conduits/malconduit/mal-conduit.cc:299:
error: ‘struct PalmSyncInfo’ has no member named ‘socksProxy’
make[3]: *** [conduits/malconduit/CMakeFiles/conduit_mal.dir/mal-conduit.o]
Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/build'
make[2]: *** [conduits/malconduit/CMakeFiles/conduit_mal.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/build'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gideon/builds/kpilot/build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

> Malconduit compiles fine for me with libmal 0.42, but sadly kpilot won't
> run it, complaining that it has version number 0. Here is the daemon debug
> output:
>
>       actionCompleted: Will run action mal_conduit
>     execConduit: Running conduit mal_conduit
>       exec: Loading desktop mal_conduit with lib conduit_mal
> kpilotDaemon: WARNING: [virtual bool ConduitProxy::exec()] : Library
> conduit_mal has version 0
>         actionCompleted: Completed action mal_conduit
>
> Can you help me out with a fix for this?

Yes, I think I have this fixed in kdepim-3.5.5+/kpilot.

> vcalconduit is back to its old trick of copying every event and todo to the
> handheld at every sync. getNextModifiedIncidence seems to be identifying
> all the PC records as being modified. I have had a quick look but can't
> quite see why. Will look some more...

Okay.  I'll see your other e-mail for more details...  =;)

--

 `
 ,