List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] kpilot: cmake, malconduit, vcalconduit, etc
From:       Philip Tuckey <philtuckey () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-02-16 21:25:47

Hi Adriaan and Jason

Thanks for bringing kpilot back to life in kde 3.5.6.

I am working with a recent svn download (of
kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kpilot). The cmake stuff (make -f
Makefile.cmake install) doesn't seem to be complete, for example it
doesn't install kpilotui.rc. I suppose this explained some problems I
encountered with the cmake install, though I didn't make a big effort to
diagnose them or to check if any other files were missing.

(I am compiling using the ubuntu edgy kde 3.5.6 dev packages. In the end to
get around the problem of files missing from the cmake install I just
install in /usr over the top of the ubuntu 3.5.6 kpilot package, which
seems to work.)

I am a malconduit user, so that makes at least 1 of us! I was happy to see
it is re-enabled in conduits/Makefile.am, but please note that it also
needs to be enabled in conduits/CMakeLists.txt -
the "add_subdirectory(malconduit)" is still commented out.

Malconduit compiles fine for me with libmal 0.42, but sadly kpilot won't
run it, complaining that it has version number 0. Here is the daemon debug
output:

      actionCompleted: Will run action mal_conduit
    execConduit: Running conduit mal_conduit
      exec: Loading desktop mal_conduit with lib conduit_mal
kpilotDaemon: WARNING: [virtual bool ConduitProxy::exec()] : Library
conduit_mal has version 0
        actionCompleted: Completed action mal_conduit

Can you help me out with a fix for this?

vcalconduit is back to its old trick of copying every event and todo to the
handheld at every sync. getNextModifiedIncidence seems to be identifying
all the PC records as being modified. I have had a quick look but can't
quite see why. Will look some more...

Regards
Philip