List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] [e-users] Kontact strange under Enlightenment
From:       Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster () rasterman ! com>
Date:       2007-02-16 11:03:03

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:11:11 +0700 Jean-Philippe Monteiro
<joaophilippe.mb.monteiro@gmail.com> babbled:

> Hi to both Enlightenment & kdepim communities
>
> Giving a try on openSUSE10.2 with Enlightenment DR17 (pre-compiled RPM from
> 01/01/2007 on Pacman repos), I noticed the following issue of mainly graphic
> kind:
>
> Iconify-ing Kontact successfully reduce Kontact, with proper icon; hitting
> the CloseWindow button does the same, do not quit but iconify - good.
>
> Upon restoration of the window from iconbox/bar, the main toolbar icons
> disappear (the ones with "new mail, save, previous-next & the like)
>
> They are still functional though, if you know where to click :)
>
> I also experienced a totally unresponsive app after restoring the kontact
> window, not the way kontact sometimes "hangs" when busy, but fully dead,
> frozen. I know kontact is meant for kde, but I was using it under gnome on
> the laptop without much trouble.
>
> Any clue for the reason of this?
>
> [please notice the same occurs on my UBUNTU Laptop running DR16.7]
>
> So, do you, DR17 Listers, use Kontact?
> && Kontact listers, are you running DR17?

no - don't use kontact, and an app's drawing of its contents is up to it - e
has nothing to do with the rendering of the contents of an app window. also e
doesn't stop apps from handling events (unless e grabs them - of which e grabs
just a selected few).

this is either 1. a bug in kontact or maybe  somethnig to do with
de-iconification not restoring WM_STATE and kontact trying to ignore events and
do things differently while iconfied (and it still thinks it is).

> Jean-Philippe
>
> --
>
> PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA
> SuSE 93 kernel 2.6.11 KDE 3.4.0 Kontact 1.1 Kmail 1.8
> ubuntu 6.06 kernel 2.6.15 Enlightenment DR16 Kontact 1.2 kmail 1.9

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)