List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KMail attachment launch timing issue
From:       Dennis Meulensteen <dennis () meulensteen ! nl>
Date:       2007-02-16 8:44:18

On Friday 16 February 2007 09:30, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> Are you sure you aren't moving off the message before the app is fully
> launched, and then waiting longer the second time around?  As soon as
> you move off the message, KMail deletes the file.  So, stay on the
> message until the file is opened in the application.
No, I just checked. I can see KMail make and kill temp files and directories
as I browse through my message list with the preview pane open. Just as a
test I deleted the temp file that was in there and checked the permissions,
which are apparently OK: I'm the owner and have full control. After deleting
the temp directory (\/tmp(\/.*\/)kmail.*) Everything works as advertised.
I'll keep tabs on this and fill out a bug report if I can get at the logic
behind this...

> Or are you having a totally unrelated problem?
Dunno actually..

Thanks,
Dennis