List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Treo 650 and kpilot
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vR () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2006-06-30 11:28:43

On Thursday 29 June 2006 09:30, Jim McLaren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having a bit of a frustrating time trying to get a treo 650 to synch
> with KPilot. When the treo is connected by cable to my PC, it is detected
> at /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1. I can set the username on the treo by
> using the install-user command pointing to ttyUSB1
>
> However, after having set up the details in KPilot it reports the following
> errors:
>
> <b>Version:</b> KPilot 4.4.5 (Augsburg)
> <b>Version:</b> pilot-link 0.11.8
> <b>Version:</b> KDE 3.3.1-3.3 Red Hat
> <b>Version:</b> Qt 3.3.3

Okay, wow.  I'll stop ya right there.  =:)  kpilot 4.4.5 is REALLy old (in
software-life terms) and is no longer supported.  Also, KDE 3.3.1 is pretty
darned old as well.  You'll want to upgrade to the latest released version of
kpilot which comes with KDE 3.5.3 before we can start trying to figure out
what's going on/wrong.  Hopefully, your distro has made it easy for you to
upgrade to the latest packaged versions of KDE/kpilot.  =:)

--

 `
 ,