List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Treo 650 and kpilot
From:       George Bourozikas <george () bourozikas ! net>
Date:       2006-06-29 20:08:15

On Thursday 29 June 2006 14:54, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> torsdag 29 juni 2006 15:30 skrev Jim McLaren:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having a bit of a frustrating time trying to get a treo 650 to synch
> > with KPilot.
>
> I can second some of that.
>
> In my experience, the best approach is to start kpilot, then attach the
> 650, then press the hotsync button.
>
> That seems to work most of the time.
>
> I have issues with changes to the calendar on the pc not beeing reflected
> on the treo, and not all contacts appearing on the treo though.

I have similar issues.  The connectivity issue is probably due to my using
kernel 2.6.15 which has known USB/udev bugs.

But I also have problems with appointments not syncing PC->pilot (separate
from a previous issue where the vcal conduit stopped working altogether).  I
discovered that a "Full" sync (all records regardless of modification status)
does the trick.  I wish there was an option for Full Sync without backup as
the latter adds significantly to the duration of the sync (8' in my case).

I also noticed that some contacts that were previously on the Treo suddenly
disappeared but I have to look into this.

I will try using kpilot from SVN to see if it makes a difference.

--
George Bourozikas