List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Lost mail
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-06-30 9:31:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 29 June 2006 23:08, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 29 June 2006 23:23, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > It appears that I have lost messages during the crashes - an
> > important one that I was waiting for shows in maillog as received
> > this morning, just about the time of the first crash.
> >
> > I normally save all mail, outgoing as well as incoming, on the
> > server, but I noticed that the local sent-mail had a dozen or so
> > messages, and sure enough they were from today.  Selecting a message
> > caused it to disappear, with No Subject and the January 1970 date.  I
> > deleted the index files for sent-mail, but sent-mail is now empty.
>
> The local sent-mail? Is ~/Mail/sent-mail a file or a folder? If it's a
> file, is it an empty file (0 bytes)? If it's a folder is
> ~/Mail/sent-mail/cur/ empty?

~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/sent-mail is a folder and did contain the
messages in question.  I deleted .sent-mail.index and .sent-mail.index.ids
and restarted kmail, after which no messages were visible.

Serves me right - I normally rename rather than delete, so that things are
recoverable :-(

Anne