List:       kde-women
Subject:    Re: [Kde-women]can u help me??
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () suse ! de>
Date:       2002-05-10 11:51:54

On Friday 10 May 2002 13:38, Jan Tönjes wrote:

> No, you misunderstood me ;-) I dont want to offer a new Icon theme. I
> can't. I really would like to, but i am not able, cus i am not as creative
> as i want to be. My question ist, if there is a creative one in your
> project, who is able to make an emoticon theme (the little smilies in the
> chat) with konqi. if it isn't possible with konqi, then just a good lookin'
> theme with emoticons. It is for the chatclient kmess - a msn messanger
> clone for linux. the smilies who are delivered with kmess are all
> different, a standart layout is missin'. i right now use the emoticons from
> the msn messanger, but i think they are copyrighted by microsoft. i just

There's nothing to wonder about: ANY stuff is copyrighted. And if it's artwork
shipped by Microsoft then you're simply NOT allowed to add it to KDE. If
there is some commercial artwork in KDE-CVS please inform me and I'll remove
it.

> need some good lookin' smilies and other little icons or pics for the
> messanger. as i am not as creative as i want to be, i ask u, if somebody of
> u is intrested in doing a thing like that...

Hope you'll find someone. The idea concerning konqi is nice and I wonder if
(in spite of the small size available) it would be possible to do it. Right
now I have no time to take care of it.
Maybe I'll have some time during linuxtag itself but I'll make no promises.

Greetings,
Tackat

--
Dipl.-Phys. Torsten Rahn