List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Console usability
From:       Eric E <whalesuit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-21 21:09:58

> Where did it get put? Ack!"  All I really want is one teeny little line
> saying "File X successfully unpacked in directory Y."   A little message to
> assure me that something really happened.  Is that too much to ask for?
You might try:

  alias 'rpm -i' ='rpm -iv'
in .bashrc.

But that might not work for complicated installs.  Dunno.  I'm also partial
to the -h flag on installs, gives you a little hash mark progress bar.

I suppose we could get konsole to make modifications to .bashrc, or
source its own rc file, but that would doubtless piss off hordes of
old-school UNIX geeks.  Do I smell configuration for Konsole in the control
panel?

> Yours in stupidity (and apparently NOT qualifying as one of Eric's
> "moderately experienced users" *grin*  ) ,

Call youself what you please, seems to me you illustrated the point - you
didn't know what to do, so you tried it, then went and asked.  Resourceful, a
model Linux-learner.  Even smarter, you asked the question, "Does it really
need to work this way?"  That's all I really meant by moderately
experienced users....

EE