List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: URGENT: Questions for next monday for Njaard
From:       mattc <matt () flowine ! com>
Date:       2001-08-21 15:19:38

O.K., the LWE study is a great opportunity for us to get our feet wet.  Let's
get to work on it.  I suggest we just start a discussion about it on this
list, and eventually (rather quickly actually) come up with a list of
questions.

Here goes.
First, lets get some focus on what we want the questions to be about.  Here
are some possibilities -
Usability issues - of course
specific programs?
a general "How do you like it?"?
What apps does the user use?  KDE and others?

I really like this last one.  With so many browsers and mail options out
there, it would be interesting to know what people are using instead of the
default KDE aps, and why.  For instance, someone may prefer Mozilla over
Konqueror (oh, the blasphemy!) because it is easier to get plugins working
(and it is IMO)

I don't think that we will be able to guide the user through a series of
tasks, so that will limit how specific we can get.

What are your thoughts?

Matt