List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Add F11 as full screen shortcut
From:       Brian Shannon <teapot.philosopher () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-05 1:30:23

You believe that we should provide defaults in an inconsistent manner
throughout KDE because you don't believe we can provide consistency
and that KDE developers are not interested in providing consistent,
usable defaults for the end user. You are making a case for the tech
savvy user and/or for educating users to configure their own systems.

On the other hand, I believe that we should provide a consistent,
usable experience throughout KDE that users can sit down to use
because I believe we can provide consistent defaults and that most KDE
developers want to achieve this. I am making a case for the user who
isn't tech savvy and wants to configure as little as possible whilst
allowing KDE users to configure their own systems as much as they want
to.

The reason why I have recapped is so you can see that this discussion
will lead us nowhere. We each believe entirely different things and
neither of us are likely to change our opinions in the near future.
Furthermore, we are each guessing at the desires of KDE developers. I
hope I have saved us from a long, pointless conversation.

TeapotPhilosopher