List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: State of the wiki pages
From:       Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzerf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-22 16:07:52

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 11:54:21 Jos Poortvliet wrote:

> > I looked for information about the ellipsis in menu items and found two
> > slightly different instructions when to use them.
> >
> > [1] "In menus, ellipses (...) indicate that the command specified by a
> > menu
> > item needs further input or specifications."
> > (And some more detailed information.)
> >
> > [2] "Use ellipsis if the command opens another window or dialog."
>
> It's pretty equivalent, isn't it? though 2 is more clear, I guess...

In one case, every dialog opening entry shall have "...", in the other case it
more reads like how it is done now (and done by Microsoft).
In the first case, every "Save", "About", "Help" and such would have to be
ellipsis'd, what at least I consider as a real mess. :)

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 16:00:05 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> The main page of the wiki has the status of each entry (I think it is keyed
> and color coded)

Sure. I just had the case where we discussed something related to the
guidelines and somebody pasted a link to one of the pages. This way you do
not know in what state the document is and you have to go to the main page
and look how you would have come to the page that way.

So my suggestioin is to put this colour code on top of the pages as well.

regards