List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Bug versus mailinglist (was Re: de-jargonize the Audio Disc popup)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-10 13:57:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 10 August 2006 12:45, Jonathan Marten wrote:
> Just a general comment regarding the appropriate forum for disussions
> such as the referenced message.  Surely for any "suggestion" or "wish"
> item, where the idea is reasonable but may well have minor details to
> resolve, should not the mailing list be the place for it?

We can discuss all we like, but since there are very little people here
that have the time to actually fix these things reporting them here is
useless.

As for your bug; maybe it looks like the same for you, but a developer has
to spend quite some days implementing your bugreport 130069. Whereas the
report I replied to is just replacing a string.  I don't think you can
compare them.
Also, your bugreport had no specifics and no actual design, so don't blame
a developer for coming to the logical conclusion that you didn't actually
do any work on the 3-dialogs that could have possibly lead you to
conclude it actually will work better.

I agree with Ingo that you should make a mockup and provide a series of
screenshots (or clickable ui file).
--
Thomas Zander