List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: de-jargonize the Audio Disc popup
From:       Nathan Eckenrode <neckenrode () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-10 12:42:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

As i am no great expert, and just a user who subscribes to this list - I felt
that this was specifically on topic as it effects the usability experience;
granted that there is a great call for a bug report to be filed concerning
however it is a usability issue.

The documentation is translated into many languages in order that users may
interact in their own language - this popup, although technically written
in 'correct' English,  does not satisfy an average user's definition of a
natural and informative dialog. The suggested changes will change the
experience in such a manner as to ease the user out of the mindspace which
currently states that Linux is too technical and difficult for the average
user.

By speaking in a manner which is comfortable to the user, the useability of
the application and the software improves. However, I could be enitrely
incorrect in my own thoughts about what makes software usable.