List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Bug versus mailinglist (was Re: de-jargonize the Audio Disc popup)
From:       Jonathan Marten <jjm () keelhaul ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-08-10 16:56:07

Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org> writes:
> We can discuss all we like, but since there are very little people here
> that have the time to actually fix these things reporting them here is
> useless.

Surely that is the point of this list: to discuss designs and ideas
before committing to implement?

> As for your bug; maybe it looks like the same for you, but a developer has
> to spend quite some days implementing your bugreport 130069. Whereas the
> report I replied to is just replacing a string.  I don't think you can
> compare them.
> Also, your bugreport had no specifics and no actual design, so don't blame
> a developer for coming to the logical conclusion that you didn't actually
> do any work on the 3-dialogs that could have possibly lead you to
> conclude it actually will work better.

That's quite true, and I agree that the implementation of that
suggestion would not be trivial.  I had intended to do the work and
submit a proposed patch myself, but thought to first test the water by
putting in the suggestion via the bugs database.  The response told me
that there would probably have been no point in continuing further.

(This is not personal pique at being rejected, even if it may sound
that way - merely an attempt to find out the correct route by which
ideas and suggestions ought to be submitted for discussion).

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Twickenham, UK                          jjm@keelhaul.demon.co.uk