List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Default toolbars size in messages
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2005-02-23 9:39:20

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 8:08 am, Davide Ferrari wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I hope I'm still in time for KDEE3.4, and if not let's hope for 3.4.1 ;)
>
> What I want to talk about here is the default toolbar size for messages in
> KMail/Kontact, both composed and received. I think that the default toolbar
> size is too small and though "less usable" to almost every kind of user.
> The Windows newcomers are used to OE, which has bigger toolbars. The
> Thunderbird newcomers are used too to bigger toolbars. The new-at-all to a
> mail program isn't used at all to mail program functions so it should be
> helpful for him/her to have detailed descriptions of every toolbar button.
> They are so few that space is not a problem.
>
> So what I'm proposing here is to change default icons dimension in the new
> message composing window and in the reading message window to large (32x32
> size) and in the "text under icons" mode. I personally see only pros to
> this behaviour, but if you want, let's discuss about it.
>
> Thanks for your kind attention.

The bad news is that the default can't be changed till KDE 4 because it would
be incompatible with the rest of KDE 3.  The good news is that many people
have already been talking about this for KDE4 and it will probably happen
then.

For now you can change the default icon size and toolbar text on your desktop
in the control panel.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox