List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Default toolbars size in messages
From:       Davide Ferrari <il_vide () katamail ! com>
Date:       2005-02-23 13:08:02

Hi all

I hope I'm still in time for KDEE3.4, and if not let's hope for 3.4.1 ;)

What I want to talk about here is the default toolbar size for messages in
KMail/Kontact, both composed and received. I think that the default toolbar
size is too small and though "less usable" to almost every kind of user. The
Windows newcomers are used to OE, which has bigger toolbars. The Thunderbird
newcomers are used too to bigger toolbars. The new-at-all to a mail program
isn't used at all to mail program functions so it should be helpful for
him/her to have detailed descriptions of every toolbar button. They are so
few that space is not a problem.

So what I'm proposing here is to change default icons dimension in the new
message composing window and in the reading message window to large (32x32
size) and in the "text under icons" mode. I personally see only pros to this
behaviour, but if you want, let's discuss about it.

Thanks for your kind attention.

--
Davide Ferrari