List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [patch] Making it harder to accidentially quit a system tray
From:       ra1n <pk20it () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2005-02-16 17:03:14

Aaron Seigo wrote:
> as for the 0.3s, the timing issue is a hard one. if it's too short, it doesn't
> solve anything. if it's too long, people will complain that the Quit action
> doesn't work sometimes. and it isn't long enough, people will still
> accidently quit the app.
Yes timing is a very great problem, your magic tooltips suffer of a
similar behaviour (at least in beta1) sometimes moving very fast the
point over an icon on the panel (especially for me because I keep the
panel on top) accidentally triggers the tooltip the right time to make
it appear completely.

Luca