List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [patch] Making it harder to accidentally quit a system tray
From:       Esben Mose Hansen <kde () mosehansen ! dk>
Date:       2005-02-15 22:17:34

On Tuesday 2005-02-15 21:54, David Faure wrote:

> It would be much better if the popup would appear a bit further away from
> the systray icon [as I requested in a BR long ago...]
>
> This is exactly why we don't accidentally hit menu items (we click on the
> menu, but the popup appears under the menu, not right under the mouse), but
> we accidentally hit systray popup menu items - because the popup is far too
> close to the mouse.

As other have stated, this is harder to fix. Besides, I like it being close...
except quit. But having quit anywhere but at the bottom would be surprising.

> Hiding Quit is really an ugly hack, which doesn't solve the accidental

I doesn't hide... it just doesn't work for 0.3s. Few can consciously hit a
menu item that quickly.

> activation of any other item in the popup. (e.g. kppp's Disconnect, which
> is located at the bottom of kppp's systray popupmenu).

Having quit as the button item of all system trays would be a nice start here,
no?

Also, *please try the patch* :-D It really just works<tm>.

Thanks for your reply!

--
regards. Esben