List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] Making it harder to accidentally quit a system tray
From:       Andy Teijelo =?utf-8?q?P=C3=A9rez?= <espino () infomed ! sld ! cu>
Date:       2005-02-16 14:30:24

El Martes, 15 de Febrero de 2005 6:16, Esben Mose Hansen escribió:
> I doesn't hide... it just doesn't work for 0.3s. Few can consciously hit a
> menu item that quickly.

I agree with the inactivity period solution. And I think that keeping the item
there, apparently active but waiting 0.3s to really work it's the solution.
But I think it would be also nice to expand this solution to the rest of the
menus (all over KDE), at least as a configurable option. My mouse here at
home is a cute small one and sometimes while moving it around I accidentally
right click somewhere, a menu appears and something gets clicked. All in a
fraction of a second. I don't even get to see what happened.
Also, I think it would be good if I could somehow disable the
mousedown-drag-mouseup behaviour of menus. I'm not used to it and that would
solve nicely my problem. I would just have to release the mouse button before
the menu items really do something. No dangerous menu options accidentally
clicked anymore.

Regards,
Andy.