List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2005-01-06 17:50:34

Le Mercredi 5 Janvier 2005 20:54, Leo Savernik a écrit :

> The problem here is this:
> - extension added against KDE x.y
> - extension unmaintained for KDE x.y+1
> - extension crashes for KDE x.y+2
> etc.
>
> It'll become the same mess as it's currently with firefox. It becomes
> unstable very quickly when adding extensions. Going with the very stable
> vanilla firefox is, erm, too vanilla.

You made a good point. Is the plugin mess in Firefox related to the fact that
they are scripts and not really plugins. But we already have today a lot of
addons (KFileReplace, babelfish, etc..) for Konqui. I have installed a lot of
them and I don't have an option to take them away easily. It is an Interface
problem.

Cheers,
Charles
--