List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: It is illogical....
From:       "Daniel A. Molina" <dmolina () amnet ! co ! cr>
Date:       2004-12-10 5:15:38

There is always the option to show a nice message that does make people
feel like an idiot :) It doesn't matter how much information you provide
to the user,
even if the user "didn't do anything wrong" he/she won't be able to
squeeze a CD into a diskette, unless that is wrong and we should
consider the user an idiot for trying to do so.  Some people using
computers have a hard time understanding beyond CD holds more files than
diskettes.
As I said on my original post, it is not that I'm against increasing the
available information to the user (as long as this do not make the
objects look cluttered), it is just that I found justifying the addition
of such info so the user can check the available space seems
incomplete.  UI will have to notify users of certain  situations either way.