List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KWin decoration button position widget
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2004-12-01 23:22:50

Le Mercredi 1 Décembre 2004 21:29, Sandro Giessl a écrit :

> As Lubos Lunak pointed out
> (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kwin&m=109992026227558&w=2) it might not be
> the best solution, though (90 degrees rotated, loss of obvious
> drag&drop functionality). What do you think about it? Better ideas
> anyone?

I agree with Lubos. The old solution is easier to understand. The list view
creates an extra abstraction level which makes it harder to understand. Is it
not possible to keep the old drag and drop widget but adapt the look of the
mockup Window Titlebar to the current style (here Plastik) ?

I'm wondering aloud. The preview pane is today sandwiched between the
combobowx where you choose the style and the option multitab panel. Would it
be better to put the preview pane at the top and the combo box below like in
the Colors KCM ? Or make the preview windows width smaller and put the
preview pane at the right of the combo box.

The preview pane appearance should be standardized between the Color KCM the
KSplash KCM and the Window Decoration KCM and the Icons KCM. I think the
Color KCM has made the best choice with this heavier grey border.

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org