List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Drag and Drop Improvements (Was: Drag and Drop Up-One-Level)
From:       "Jamethiel Knorth" <jamethknorth () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-05-07 5:08:50

>From: Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <gustavo@gsbarbieri.sytes.net>
>Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 02:09:19 -0300
>
>Em Thursday 06 May 2004 20:34, Stian Søiland escreveu:
> >
> > We don't need a full quick-browser, but a limited one, only showing
> > directories. This could be used both to change active folder, and to
> > move/copy stuff to directories beneath $HOME.
> >
> > Adding several such quick-navitator-items should be easy (Dragging a
> > folder up to a available space  on the toolbar). One might argue on how
> > these "bookmark" icons should be distinguished from each other, that's
> > another discussion.
>
>I would like to have other windo pop up (as someone mentioned) instead of
>this, although I don't like things to popup in my face.
>	The only problem I see to make a new window popup is the time to launch
>another one... this could be solved?
>
>	Anyway, I still like to just go one level up... just that, no windows
>coming
>into my face (imagine to move something 3 levels, 3 new windows... then I
>need to close them all?!?), no menus... Newbees won't use those pop up
>menus,
>so we want to reach power users? I'm sure they know you can enable sidebar
>(F9) while you drag.

I do not understand what is so confusing about having the buttons function
the same when dragging to them as when in normal usage.

The Up button has a drop-down menu which appears after holding it a moment.
After hovering with a held item, that menu appears after that same interval.

The Home button does not have any menus, it just goes home. Dropping on it
just moves/copies/links to home.

Why is keeping the behavior the same as it already is for each button such a
problem?