List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: View modes in konqueror
From:       Roger Larsson <roger.larsson () skelleftea ! mail ! telia ! com>
Date:       2004-04-21 1:06:16

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 21.51, Luke Sandell wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 April 2004 05:38 pm, Peter Postmus wrote:
> > That wasn't me, but the solution is fine with me.
>
> Glad you like my solution.
>
> > Although I would
> > rather see Tree view go instead of Info list view (but that's me).
>
> But you're probably a power user. KDE-Addons is for power users, so you
> should have it installed anyway.
>
> I don't really like "Tree View" either. Which raises the question, towards
> who is tree view targeted? Is it primarily newbies or power users or both
> who like tree view? That is what should decide where we put it.  Methinks
> newbies would like tree view, because it keeps them on the same screen.

Tree View is very good when you want to move around in LOTS of folders.
- If you open one window for each you will never find your way.
- With only a few you will use all day to click up, down, back...
[It is rather power user stuff, but Windows has it so its function is known]

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteċ