List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: CTRL+ENTER or ENTER?
From:       Michael Pye <mdpye () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2004-01-11 12:14:00

On Saturday 10 January 2004 16:07, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> KDE apps being inconsistent with their very own desktop's HIG rules is by
> definition more inconvenient. Take a look at Apple - they have very strict
> HIG rules. KDE's style guide is very weak in that respect, the few rules
> that are there have to be obeyed strictly as far as I'm concerned.

Do you not feel that in this case you are putting an abstract guide before the
real usefulness of the app? For most users, Ctrl-Enter does not exist, and
neither does the Configure Shortcuts dialogue. And even if it did, it's a bit
of a stretch to realise that it is a shortcut which can be configured.

I think you condemn an awful lot of people with this decision.

MP