List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE screen resolution policy
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-12-29 1:29:14

Troels Tolstrup wrote:

> The only real problem is see right now with large monitors is that widgets and icons
> doesn't scale well. I think that if the trend of monitors getting higher resolutions
> keeps going on, then all graphics will have to be stored as SVG

I realize that many see this as a panacea, but it isn't necessary for widgets.  Widgets
can be scaled even if built from bitmaps.

> so it can be adjusted to fit. I would like to run a much higher resolution than i
> currently do, but i find that everything but the text gets too small. (or the icons too
> big if i scale them

Could you be a bit more specific.  What resolution have you tried and what size icons are
too small and how do you "scale them".

, why oh why can we still not use the crystal svg icons and scale
> them freely :( )

It might have something to do with the fact that at sizes less than 64x64 the bitmapped
icons look better.

--
JRT