List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: menus: icons and text
From:       Simon Perreault <nomis80 () nomis80 ! org>
Date:       2003-12-29 3:45:26

On December 28, 2003 18:49, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> One of arguments is Apple and Windows don't use icons in submenus or use
> it very rarely. But these persons are forgetting Apple has the best
> on-screen font on the market[2] and MS isn't far behind. Linux still has
> problems with really good displaying of fonts (especially small which is
> case in menus) - and icons could really help with recognition.

I agree with you, but this is not a valid argument. Rendering of fonts on
Linux (using Freetype I assume) is exactly as good or better as on any other
OS. The problem is that distros don't package quality fonts.

> 	What is the official KDE-usability position here?

About what? You talked about many things and I kinda got lost...

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80@nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org