List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Use settings:/ in Konqeuror instead of KControl in 3.2?
From:       "Craig Drummond" <Craig.Drummond () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-12-22 18:06:33

> What do people think of this?

The problems I have with settings:/ are:

1. There's no way (easy) to distinguish if clicking on an icon will open up
a kcontrol module, or will go deeper into the KControl tree. i.e. Top level
icons should be "folder"like. (This point applies all over KDE).

2. There's no way to access the "admin" mode of a module that can work in
both user and admin mode - e.g. the font installer. This could be rectified if
"kcmshell" supported an "Admin" mode button like the regular KControl does.

But apart from those points, I prefer this method as
well.
http://www2.gmx.net/de/cgi/mailindex?CUSTOMERNO=15820032&t=de1322961683.1072087154.46efc737&FOLDER=inbox
Posteingang
Craig.