List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Use settings:/ in Konqeuror instead of KControl in 3.2?
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-12-22 18:00:26

I make this suggestion after talking with a few people who feel that KControl
is horribly difficult to use, but find settings:/ much simpler. settings:/ Is
a drill down view, which is very familiar to both Windows and Mac users for
adjusting their control settings. It also gets rd of the scary monstrous tree
that makes many wary of KControl.

What I suggest is to make KMenu->Settings->Control Center launch a Konqueror
window pointed at settings:/, instead of launching KControl.

We can still keep the KControl application around for people who are used to
it, if desired.

What do people think of this?

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1