List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Easy way to copy a file to a floppy
From:       "Vedran Ljubovic" <vljubovic () smartnet ! ba>
Date:       2003-10-21 19:25:33

Matthieu Moy je napisao/la:

> > Somehow related to this, and IMO even more important is the lack of
device
> > entries in Open/Save dialogs of KDE applications.
>
> Not only  there. It is  really hard to  find the floppy device  in the
> Konqueror window too : You have a tab for your home directory, another
> for the root	directory, and you have to get	it from /mnt/floppy most
> of  the time.  The newbie  will not  want to	look inside  /mnt, which
> doesn't mean anything to him ...

It's all distro specific. Here on Mandrake 9.1 I have the CD-ROM icon in
Open/Save dialogs, just above the Floppy. Also, in Konqueror there is a
menu called Devices where you can find all of them.

So I guess you should bug your distro makers to include something like
this. Please remember that KDE runs on a number of different platforms and
operating systems and implementing a common interface for accessing
CD-ROMs / ZIP drive / USB memory etc. would not be trivial.

--
Poslano preko SmartNet webmaila.