List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Easy way to copy a file to a floppy
From:       Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy () imag ! fr>
Date:       2003-10-21 19:26:14

Jorge Adriano Aires <jadrian@mat.uc.pt> writes:

> I'm must say I'm am not a fan of the "send to" menus.

I'm personnaly a fan of cp ... /floppy, but well ...

The advantage of  the send-to method is that it can  be done with just
one konqueror window  open, and even if the desktop  is not visible at
that time (one window is maximized, typically).

> Somehow related to this, and IMO even more important is the lack of device
> entries in Open/Save dialogs of KDE applications.

Not only  there. It is  really hard to  find the floppy device  in the
Konqueror window too : You have a tab for your home directory, another
for the root  directory, and you have to get  it from /mnt/floppy most
of  the time.  The newbie  will not  want to  look inside  /mnt, which
doesn't mean anything to him ...

At  a time,  Corel  had a  fork  of konqueror  with  entries for  each
partition under the root. I think this was a good idea.

--
Matthieu