List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMenu tooltip
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2003-08-24 12:42:41

> The intention is good but it's more difficult to recognize the icon because of
> the clutter of the background image. Another proposal:
Ah ?! It's clutter ?

> 1) The first time you start KDE you <are pointed to the K icon>.
> 2) When you close KDE that first time without having used the K menu, the
> behavior of step 1 will be there again the next time you start KDE. etc.
> 3) If you found the K menu (which you will do faster because you <are pointed
> to the K icon> when you never had clicked on the K icon) and open it, the
> <pointing to the K menu> will stop and be remembered for next times.
Hum...
Another idea : the first time you start Windows xp, the Start Menu is
displayed. Quite intrusive but for just the first time it isn't too
ennoying.

The only problem with those solutions is that users could ignore what
button have been pressed to open the KMenu.
But : users are (generally) used to Windows StartMenu : so it is a
problem ? There will rapidly recognize it (I suppose...), isn't it ?