List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Descriptions Take 1 - Utilities
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2003-08-24 12:35:37

in the same way as "Application Provider", we also should allow to
choose "Data Provider" (or give it another name).

- We already can choose which path is the Desktop (/home/*/Desktop), the
trash (/home/*/Desktop/Trash)...
- We soon can should prefered appplications for each tasks.
- But there exist another important 'unification' provider :

What I like in libre software is that I can switch between various
applications for the same task.
But, there is certain cases that are quite difficult to do that.

- For example, the bookmarks path : I use mozilla and I want the KDE
Bookmarks menu. How can I do ? Import bookmarks all the times is very
useless.
Could be good to be allowed to define the bookmark path, so we can
define it to the mozilla bookmark file (it's the same format ! ).
So : use mozilla/galeon/... and have mozilla/galeon/... bookmarks in KDE
! Sound very well.
- Secondary, I use Evolution but few times I *can* want to use KMail.
Tehorically libre software allow to switch between apps. But in this
case this is not possible. Again : do it compatible and allow to use
indifferently Evolution or KMail or Mozilla Mail...
- There is a lot of other ideas : KOrganizer/Evolution,
KAdressBook/Mozilla (also important).

What do you think about that "Data Provider"... ?
Have you other ideas for data unifications ?
Perhapse for KDE4 ?