List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Suggested keyboard shortcuts for desktop/window navigation
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2003-08-09 20:35:30

> ETC...***
> - Window Close: Win+Esc
> - Kill Window: Win+Shift+Esc
> - Window Screenshot: Win+Print
> - Window Iconify: Win+PageDown
> - Window Maximize: Win+PageUp
> ETC...***
Hum !! Very very very good ! I like it ! You've a good imagination !

> As a clarification, I don't suggest to replace the old shortcuts (they are very \
> important for Windows users, there is no doubt about that), but to ADD the \
> shortcuts above. Adding those shortcuts does no harm because anybody can change \
> them in case he wants to use them for something else.
Of course : these are only alternate shorcuts !!
Again : I like it :-)
Perhapse confusing for start but good.

The only one problem : I can't use the Win key as a modifier for
shortcup or hotkeys :-(
Perhapse it is resolved but if I want to use Win for shortcut, the Kmenu
appears :-( => "The 'F13' key is already associated to the action 'Show
the KMenu'" => Rem : on the tab "Modifier keys" my win key has no
corresponding X-Window modifier (appear as mod4 : F13 below) : only a
local problem or a KDE problem ?
ToChange : Open KMenu at keyUp and ONLY if no hotkey/shorcut has been
activated. But if you haven't problem perhapse it is now resolved (I
have KDE 3.1.0).

And we also can use Windows keys for quit session : Win+Del, Win+Maj+Del
for no confirmation [or Win++End for more intuitive ? ], Win++PgDown for
shutdown, Win++PgUp for restart [Or Win++Begin for more intuitive ? ]
=> (Replace the '++' by '+' or '+Maj+')

And also Win+F for find (Shearch ?) file, Win+R for execute command ?...