List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Observations on the new KWord startup dialog
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-05-28 11:07:07

Le Mardi 27 Mai 2003 17:05, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :

> i can think of a couple of counter points... each category should remember
> the last selected item, so you shouldn't have to fumble more than once.
> alternatively, we could offer paper size as an option in the third panel.
> but this would be an annoyance for most, and simply removing the size
> picking makes it unclear for first timers and annoying for travellers ....
> *shrug*
It is a minor point. I won't fight until death about it and your arguments are
valid. The best long term solution would be for our 'bloated' applications
like Konqueror, KOffice to have a first-time wizard to choose the basic
configuration options (size of the paper, default template, default fonts,
plugins, etc...). It would cut the complexity for basic users.

> makes sense... what do you think about embedding the new open widget right
> inside the main window?

I agree with you, it is a good idea.

Cheers,
Charles