List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Extended Open/Save Toolbar Buttons
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-05-15 10:18:27

Simon Edwards wrote:
> What I would like to see is when you for example, save a HTML file, every
> program that can handle the MIME type text/html gets that file listed in
> it's Recently Used list (or similar). Imagine writing a doc in KWrite,
> saving it, and automatically having it on a drop-down menu/button in KMail
> so that you can immediately attach it without even going through a file
> dialog....

Like the previously mentioned feature ideas also this one should be easy to
realize (we really need a programmer dedicated to picking up all of them):
A global "Recent Documents" list already exist (you can activate it in your
Kmenu through "Desktop > Panels > Menus > Optional Sub Menus"). One only need
to add a respective entry in Kmail's "Attach" menu accessing that list.

Cheers, Datschge =)