List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KPersonalizer usability discussion
From:       Carsten Wolff <AirWulf666 () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-08-29 17:14:01

On Friday 30 August 2002 17:17, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:18 pm, Carsten Wolff wrote:
> > OK, I see that the user may ask himself: "Keep what? My old settings?
> > Or the settings, this stupid Wizard set?". It would be nice, if
> > someone suggested something, my english might not be well enough, to
> > find a clear wording.
>
> Something along the lines of the messages you get when modifying your
> BIOS should suffice, let me think...
>
> How about:
>
> "Save and Quit", "Discard and Quit" and "Cancel"

Hm, that implies, that the changes weren't made yet, but they are. What
about "Quit and Keep Changes", "Quit and Revert Changes", "Cancel"?

> (is cancel any different to Discard and Quit though?)

Yes, it is. "cancel" doesn't quit and let's the user proceede with the
program.

Greetings, Carsten.

--
| THE K Desktop Environment: |  My very own little site:  |
|     http://www.kde.org     | http://www.wolffcarsten.de |