List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Clock prefs .ui
From:       Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-08-26 19:23:22

Op maandag 26 augustus 2002 20:56, schreef Christian Lavoie:
> On Lunes 26 Agosto 2002 14:38, Michael Pye wrote:
<snip>
> > Having done it, I can probably agree. I'm not too sure which tab should
> > come first though, Type or General?
>
> Well, the prototype I was working on puts Type first, because it's the
> 'master option'.
> It's really the first thing you want to set. Think about
> it this way. You have the default clock (new user, new default install, no
> customization whatsoever), and you want the digital one. What are you gonna
> set first? The font ofthe digital clock, or the digitalness of the clock?
>
> Type should go first =)

I think the best is that the General-tab is first because people like my
grandma(who only wants to change the options in the General-tab) would
recognize faster that they are on the right place to change it(when she would
see the Type-tab, she thinks she's on the wrong place maybe).  But thats my
opinion...

> ----
>
> A few quick comments: I don't quite believe that 'Show seconds' and 'Show
> date' belong in Appearance.

What is a beter place in your opinion?

> Preview should ALWAYS be visible.

I agree. (at the bottom of the window is the best I think)

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
Jabber ID: sander@jabber.at