List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Clock prefs .ui
From:       Christian Lavoie <clavoie () bmed ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-08-26 19:26:29

Some food for thought: Aren't we just trying to force 3 clock applets into
one? Code-sharing issues not-withstanding, shouldn't there be 3 clock applets
(digital/normal, analog, fuzzy), something which would remove ALL (if I am
not mistaken) widget disabling and adding/removing?

The fuzzy clock doesn't need date/hour font settings (but possibly font
settings for its sentences), the analog clock doesn't need fonts at all, the
other ones don't care for antialiasing, etc.

Shouldn't this be three applets, even if it's really only one .so file that
has a couple of different GUIs, selecting the user-preferred one depending on
what applet kicker is telling it it is?

Have fun,
Chris

--
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Christian Lavoie, clavoie@bmed.mcgill.ca
http://www.christianlavoie.com