List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Clock prefs .ui
From:       Christian Lavoie <clavoie () bmed ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-08-26 19:21:02

On Lunes 26 Agosto 2002 15:12, Michael Pye wrote:
> On Monday 26 August 2002 7:53 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> >  o why is there an antialiasing option here? this seems rather ....
>
> esoteric.
>
> It isn't for the fonts it's for the analogue clock. I'll have it dropped in
> the type specific settings! (slaps forehead)

Does it make any sense to have a non-anti-aliased clock anyway? Why was that
option left there in the first place?

> >  o the font... buttons, should they be "Choose Font..."?
>
> Perhaps they should. It just seems that less words needlessly repeated the
> better. :)

Smaller is beautiful, but longer means more letters to get accelerators from.
See my other email.

> >  o Show date/seconds should probably be layed out vertically. horizontal
> > and vertical layout in the same area should be avoided if possible (which
> > it isn't always)
>
> OK.

See my comment about screen estate vs consistency.

Pretty good job on this =)

Have fun,
Chris

--
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Christian Lavoie, clavoie@bmed.mcgill.ca
http://www.christianlavoie.com