List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RFC: Adding a 'What's Related' page to all KControl applets
From:       Christian Lavoie <clavoie () bmed ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-08-26 19:22:42

Working on the clock prefs .ui file made me realize one thing that's wrong
with the current attempt to put the 'Localization' button in the dialog
itself: It doesn't belong there.

What we need is a way to have a "What's related" tab or page or whatever to
guide the user to related but not-quite-the-same settings. The main example:
The clock's "Localization" link to set date format, or possible the clock's
(yet unexisting) ntp stuff, etc.

It's actually really a part of what a user should think of as 'Help', but I
can't quite put my finger on what would be the best way to do this.

Ideas? Comments?

Have fun,
Chris

--
Maybe computer science ought to be taught in the School of Philosophy

Christian Lavoie, clavoie@bmed.mcgill.ca
http://www.christianlavoie.com